Topic 6
Raffy Tejada
Mr. Lourenco
English 1
Block A
No I don’t think George is right because even though they are all mostly migrant workers they have someone that cares about them. An example is Lennie and George, George says that he hates Lennie but in the end Lennie is all he has right now. I think he is feeling sorry for himself because in the story he said that he wanted his own house and instead of working on a farm he wants one of his own. Migrant workers aren’t the brightest people but why do they work on fields to get money so they can have a dream that they can make up come true. But I think the only reason that George says that guys on ranches are the loneliest guys in the world because he never actually loved and cared for anyone. The advice that I would give to Lennie is that he shouldn’t think that way about himself or the others that live on a farm because some of them are working to achieve something in their lives that they have always waited for. Also one thing that confused me was that George said that “They ain’t got nothing to look up to” when George dreams of having his own farm and not having to work ever again.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment