Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Section 5, Number 46

Jessica Brito

Mr.Lourenco

English 1 - Block A

November 24, 2009.





The type of "lesson" I would give to a teenage girl is, "Boys & Money aren't Everything", I would tell her that if you truly want to reach your goals, you don't need a man to get you there. Women are strong, independent people and they can accomplish MANY things without the help of men. I would also tell her that she shouldn't put her name out there in a bad situation, as in don't be the center of attention when the spotlight is pointing at something very negative. I would advise her to stay away from the "wrong crew", the type of people that would want to use her, change her, and make her life a living hell.

This type of "lesson" is very important in a female's life, and its best that they know at a young age so that when they get older they don't end up at all like Curley's wife. Curley's wife isn't the best role model, but reading about what she felt can be understood. That's why teenage girls need to the know what's Real and what isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment