Saturday, November 28, 2009

section 5

Thalia mercedes
Block A

As Me and my friend sat in the bunk house she talked about how Curly’s wife was no good and she deserved what had happened to her. But what she didn’t know was that I had been there the whole time, east dropping on their conversation. I interrupted her and told her she doesn’t even know the half of it. “Why, what really happened?” she asked. I started,”well I was just passing by the barn when I see Lennie in there talking to himself. So I hide behind a stall and tried to hear what he was babbling about. Not even five minutes later Curly’s wife comes in. I thought about popping out and telling Lennie to come with me, you know before he got into any trouble”. I paused for a second I thought how that would have been the right thing to do.
“Yea, go on” she said
“Lennie started to protest about how George had said not to talk to her but; she said she wasn’t doing any harm. That she just wanted someone to talk to cause she didn’t like curly and he was always talking about jabbing guys. I don’t blame her, I would get annoyed too.”
“Wait I don’t get it, why did she marry him in the first place?” she asked
“Hold on I’m getting to that part! She said that her mother was hiding the letters a big Hollywood director was suppose to send her and Lennie just keeps talking about soft things. I swear he didn’t have enough common sense to just walk away from this girl. Curly’s wife tells him that her hair is real soft. Next thing you know sheds screaming for him to let her go .Poor girl didn’t know that Lennie was so strong and that he didn’t realize how strong he was. At that moment I went out of the barn to get the guys but I didn’t because they would say ‘why didn’t you stop him’. The truth is I probably would have died too. So I just went back to the bunkhouse. Then the guys come in & tell me she’s dead.” My friend looked at me as if everything was much clearer now.
‘Wow, I dint know she felt that way. Maybe she really was looking for someone to talk to and not just giving the guys the eye like they all thought.”
“Yea, maybe. But you can’t tell anyone or who know what will happen to me” I said
“Don’t worry” she said in reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment