Sunday, November 29, 2009

Number 44

Cesar Depena
Mr. Lourenco
English 9
Block A
Section 5, Question 44

At first when I was reading the section when Lennie was talking to the puppy I thought that he hurt the puppy. But then after I finished reading the section I noticed that he killed the puppy. Once I noticed that I know it was all over for Lennie I thought that slim was going to notice and get angry with him and band him from the barn. I expected the worse because Slims word is law in the farm. Then I thought George was going to flip out on him and leave Lennie on his own and go on without him because if Slim got mad then that would cause a huge problem to him and Lennie in the barn. But the whole time the dog was introduced in the book I had a feeling that Lennie was going to kill the puppy. Because like Mr. Lourenco said the author would not tell us that Lennie kills every animal he plays with. That Is why I also thought that if they do get rabbits that Lennie would end up killing them all. I wasn’t surprised at all that Lennie killed the puppy at all I was expecting him to get in big trouble. Lennie went over board and got a even bigger punishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment